The seed produced with Instant Seed - technology is simply sown on the soil - no preparation and no post-processing! You no longer need to prepare the soil; covering the seeds with soil is also unnecessary. Soil irregularities do not matter; due to the weight of the pills and pellets, they do not float away or collect in rain puddles - the seed distribution "as sown equals as grown" is maintained. The pellet seed is also well suited for slopes and embankments - the pellets are not washed away in normal rain - unlike conventional grass, herb or flower seed.
Es ist der Traum jedes Hobby-Gärtners mit allen Samen – insbesondere für das Säen von Gras, Rasen, Blumen und Kräutern – einen sicheren und planbaren Keim- und Wachstumserfolg zu erzielen, ohne ein Spezialist für Samen und Aussaat sein zu müssen. Diesem Traum haben sich die Technologen von Instant Seed von Beginn an verschrieben. Solange der Mensch Pflanzenanbau betreibt ist klar, dass Lehm und Löss die Schlüssel für die perfekte Einbettung von Samen sind. Seit nahezu 80 Jahren spiegelt sich in Patentanmeldungen weltweit wider, dass man nach Ersatzlösungen für die Samen-Einbettung sucht, weil Lehm aufgrund seiner sich unterschiedlich verhaltenden Bestandteile sich nicht in industriellem Maßstab für diesen Zweck verarbeiten lässt.
Nach mehreren Jahren der Entwicklung entstand 2015 eine industriell skalierbare Lösung zur Lehm-Ummantelung für Rasen-Samen.
In den Folgejahren wurde diese Lösung u. a. auf Blumen-Samen übertragen und kann mittlerweile für jede Form und Größe von Samen umgesetzt werden.
In 2017, through an impulse from outside, the development of clay coatings for single seeds began, which were to be used in professional applications, especially also in the agricultural industry. The natural organic suitability of this coating played a not insignificant role.
Today, instant seed 's product range includes a wide range of clay-based coatings for seeds. The patent protection of these inventions and developments now also goes into the range of micro seeds with a few micrograms of weight (instant seed µseeds) and enables environmentally friendly and sustainable germination, growth and plant protection aspects that could previously only be achieved using extensive chemical and biological aids.
Grass or turf pellets from Instant Seed can be produced from any conventional seed variety; our coating technology is universally suitable for all grass seeds and also allows the processing of seed mixtures. The seeds are aligned longitudinally and coated with a pasty natural material coating compound. The moisture-absorbing natural material coating disintegrates several days after sowing and is later fully absorbed by the soil.
The manufacturing process is gentle on the seeds, no pressure on the seeds, no shear forces and no temperature increase in the pelleting process - this ensures that the germination capacity of the seeds processed into pellets is not affected in any way.
The pellet cover protects the seeds even days after they have come into contact with the soil on the sowing area and have begun to absorb water. The Instant Seed solution makes the pellets sustainable, because the up to 90% of the seeds that can be lost, especially in the re-seeding of conventional seeds, are for the most part not needed.
Lawn pellets make lawn seeding easier, more convenient, faster and more effective:
- pellets only have to be 'thrown out', into missing spots or also into the thinned out lawn
- the pellets grow and germinate where they fall - 'as sown so grown' -.
- if pellets fall on foliage or stalks: it doesn't matter, they can start growing and germinating there as well, they will fall down later and continue growing
- the pellet cover contains all substances and information for optimal seed development
After sowing conventional grass and lawn seed
- up to about 90% of the seed can be lost due to bird predation, rain, wind and other circumstances
Conventional seed is almost always a mixture of different grasses such as
- lolium perenne (German ryegrass)
- festuca rubra (red fescue)
- poa pratensis (sweet grass)
- and many other varieties
Typical germination times after sowing are as follows for
- lolium perenne (German ryegrass) approx. 6 - 8 days
- festuca rubra (red fescue) approx. 12-16 days
- cynosurus cristatis (crested wheatgrass) approx. 7-15 days
- phleum pratense (timothy) approx. 8-17 days
The longer these germination times, the longer the risk of shrinkage due to environmental influences for seeds that are not coated. Our coating protects the seeds from the negative external influences, so that the germination time can be safely passed.
Typical germination temperatures
- from approx. 5 ... 7 degrees Celsius germination begins
- the optimal temperature range during germination is 16 to 23 degrees Celsius
- from approx. 45 degrees Celsius the seed germ 'dies'
- cold temperatures e.g. during storage do not cause damage to the seed
Kontaktieren Sie uns
Tel. +49 – 3379 – 59690
Platz der Freiheit 1
Sachsenhausener Str. 28A